- During due diligence, assess gaps against the FI’s E&S requirements / Policies and identify opportunities for value addition for the client and bank’s best interest.
- Appoint and manage external specialist consultants, including for complex E&S due diligence and / or monitoring.
- Contribute to the evaluation of credit memos, including via credit committee papers and meetings.
- Support in negotiations with portfolio companies to ensure that E&S rights are embedded in legal agreements, including E&S action plans (where appropriate).
- Post-disbursement, work with clients to improve their E&S management systems, policies and procedures, including the implementation of E&S action plans (where relevant).
- Regularly monitor client’s compliance with the FI E&S requirements and policies, including the implementation of agreed action plans.
- Contribute to the delivery of E&S training, both for internal relationship teams, credit risk management and for clients where possible.
- Mentoring and working with more junior team members.
- Represent the FI with external stakeholders and at responsible business conferences.
- Carry out site visits and carry out assessment of E&S risks.
- Screen projects against the exclusion list(s).
- Risk categorization of projects.
- Work on ad hoc projects. For instance, external communications on E&S, such as an annual E&S report, feedback regarding sustainable / green products being delivered by the bank and case studies highlighting E&S value addition.
- Relevant university degree (master’s is a plus) in a relevant discipline, preferably environmental engineering, environmental or social studies; development studies / development finance; or a similar area.
- At least 8 years’ work experience in a related field (relevant sector, E&S and / or sustainability etc.), preferably within E&S consulting, development finance or FIs with robust E&S management frameworks and track record.
- Practical Knowledge of relevant sectors and E&S issues.
- Insight into the challenges associated with implementing E&S Management System.
- Application of the IFC Performance Standards.
- World Bank’s EHS Guidelines and / or similar standards –(A plus).
- Practical Experience analyzing Corporate’s E&S management systems.
- Experience and demonstrable commitment to our markets.
- Strong communication skills, including report writing (use of PowerPoint and diagrams to present information in a concise format) and oral communication.
- Effective negotiation skills, including the ability to be persuasive as well as to listen and pragmatically identify when compromise is required.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
Apply Via The Following Link