- Monitor the trading activities of the firm and its employees to ensure adherence to the relevant local and international rules and regulations, AML, and Sanctions programs and EFG Polices (PEP Policy, Sanctions Policy, AML Group and Segment Policy, Staff Dealing Policy, etc.).
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Compliance Monitoring programme, Compliance manual, AML and Sanctions programs, systems, and controls in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review KYC/AML documents for new clients to ensure their adherence to local regulations and group standards
- Conduct AML checks including but not limited to initial and ongoing sanctions and adverse media screening against the relevant sanctions’ lists (local and international) for all customers and employees.
- Assist in developing and maintaining all relevant policies and procedures based upon regulatory requirements, industry practices and established internal controls.
- Assist in identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and developing and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Provide reports to relevant parties on a regular basis in conjunction with the Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Handle clients’ complaints and escalate to higher levels, if needed, for further action.
- Respond to all regulatory inquiries and act as the firm’s liaison with regulators.
- Keep abreast of new regulations, communicate them to the concerned employees, and track and monitor their implementation.
- Report to the NBFI Compliance team and coordinate and streamline activities with the Group Compliance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Law or any related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Compliance and AML in a reputable financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations; particularly in FRA and EMLCU.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Power point).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Able to build partnerships and work well in teams.
- Can identify problems and refer/escalate complex issues to a higher level.
- Detail oriented; ensure deliverables are always of a high quality.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Multi-tasker, with the ability to meet changing deadlines, and to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and maintains a positive attitude.
Apply Via The Following Link