- Maintain up to date knowledge of heirarechy of local and international bodies that create regulation (International, National, fedral and local)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various types of sanctions that can be applied such as Trade Embargoes, Asset Freezing, and Sectoral Measures
- Ability to Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the prevailing sanctions directives and regulations made by competent bodies to detect emerging sanctions risk.
- Analyse terms and conditions of new bank products/activities and assess associated sanctions risk profile.
- Assist and support Front Office in structuring deals and transactions by providing insight on likely sanctions risk profile.
- Work in close cooperation with front and back offices to provide advice and guidance on transaction monitoring, payments filtering, and client/transaction screening alert management.
- Ability to analyse internal and external processes and identify areas exposed to international sanctions risks, for example, related to international payments, trade finance transactions, or management of international sanctions lists and associated screening and filtering processes.
- Monitor control effectiveness and escalate identified gaps to the direct manager.
- Responding to requests for information from correspondent banks.
- Ensuring that the bank maintains, and updates local & international sanctions lists.
- Follow all relevent departments policies, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Comply with all relevant CBUAE regulations, banking laws, AML regulations, and internal bank policies and code of conduct in order to mitigate any potential risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration, or any related discipline
- For Officer: Min of 1-2 years of experience in the banking sector
- For Sr. Officer: Min of 3 – 5 years of experience in the banking sector
- Certified in Compliance international certificates are preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of Banking Laws & Regulation
- Excellent detail-oriented skills
- Very good communication skills
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving.
Apply Via The Following Link