- The Bank recognises that as part of its mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, it needs to facilitate a broader understanding of the problems of African trade and trade finance as well as the principles of trade finance, and especially structured trade finance, which is its operating model.
- By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa.
- It is also expected that the interns will also contribute fresh and diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank. The Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website.
- The programme attracts a lot of highly qualified candidates. Entry into the programme based on merit.
- Students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognised institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
Apply Via The Following Link