- The Finance Advisor will for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g., control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting, and structuring) autonomously
- Support cost recovery agenda through ensuring compliance with concession agreement and the cost recovery policies & procedures
- Participate in cost recovery audits and engage with EGPC/EGAS/Ganope auditors
- Managing Corporate income tax returns for all upstream legal entities and concessions in Egypt, ensuring their accurate / timely filings. Facilitate communication btw EGPC, E-Gas, and GANOPE, with our tax consultant.
- Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries; support the country tax lead to resolve corporate income/employment tax (as appropriate) audits and disputes.
- Demonstrate having in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the applicable legislation, concepts, risks, practices, and complexities relating to corporate income/employment tax (as appropriate).
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected, and managed
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decisions making and in performance management
- In activities where Finance operations and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation.
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity, asset or business partner. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritised based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will on specific projects/transactions work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance.
- Acts across organisational boundaries as required in the specific activity .
- External: Tax Consultants, External Auditors, Tax inspectors and tax authorities, Governmental Authority stakeholders (EGPC / EGAS / GANOPE)
- Finance professional with accounting qualification, CIMA or ACCA qualification is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Understanding of the PSC environment, Cost recovery experience – dealing with Governmental bodies and processes
- knowledge about Joint Venture Agreements, Industry Guidelines and Standards, and experience in Joint Venture partners accounting and country specific practices with regards to cost recovery, cost allocation processes and other accounting issues
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance and tax competences.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value, and risk
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context for which activities in the pool concept are linked to
Apply Via The Following Link