- Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
- Ensures the accuracy and correctness of all financial entries carried by him/her in the SAGE X3 in conformity with recognized financial dimensions. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Handles all the fuel vendors’ invoices and queries timely and accurately; posts the invoices for approval in line with adopted procedures; interacts with users from other departments whenever necessary to resolve issues and obtain approvals and process timely payments without any delays.
- Executes all assigned accounts Debit Notes/Credit Notes ensuring timely and accurate posting to cost elements in Sage X3 system.
- Ensures that, fuel price notifications are received from all the fuel suppliers in timely manner, are reviewed with contractual terms and highlight to Manager Management Accounts for any discrepancies, fuel prices are updated in the system.
- Monitors the flow of activities with outsource service providers and ensures all invoices are posted on timely basis and addresses issues if any for remedial actions.; maintains and communicates the procedural manual to the service providers.
- Ensures all the Bank Guarantees received from Fuel Suppliers are renewed as per agreed terms and timeframes in line with Company’s procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounts information for the general accounts such as suppliers on monthly basis including Supplier Balance Reconciliations.
- Reviews all fuel related cost accounts before monthly and annual closing by compiling all related information.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification as an Accountant is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Power Point skills, Internet and Web Search.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 3+ years of comprehensive working experience in corporate finance or accounting in any industry, preferably for a company operating on regional/multinational level.
- He/she must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite and possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
- Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role and familiar with formalities and pre-requisites associated with internal and external audits.
- Experienced in a computerized accounting environment is essential and very good exposure on financial models and new technologies in the industry.
- Excellent financial, analytical and reporting skills and capable of meeting deadlines without compromising quality of outcome and proven skills in analyzing data, identifying irregularities and recommending corrective measures.
- High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective negotiation and problem solving skills and ability to use a balance of technical expertise, and interpersonal relations to interact with senior level stakeholders and external providers to support company’s objectives.
Apply Via The Following Link